We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 1: The Will of the Gods
Mission 5 (optional): The Flylord (Duel)
We entered this mission with Thorgar at level 12 (non-exploit Fortress of the Gods).
- He could have done a lot more fighting in previous missions, but watching his health was critical in Hard mode and there were plenty of opportunities for him to get killed.
- Healing potions were available, but we didn't want to use up too much gold on one-use items because gold is very tight to begin with. So far, we have used none of the one-use items found in the missions, and we have bought none.
- Thorgar still had NO skills. We were saving points and honestly we weren't fully decided on what to spend it on yet. It's still the early missions at this point, so if you were ever going to bank points, now is the time to do so, before things (presumably) get difficult later.
- To see a discussion on skills and what to take, see our post on Chaos Champions.
- You can get a +20% HP boost by equipping the Staff of Corruption, which you may have given to the Sorcerer to ensure his survival in previous missions. Thorgar is solo in this mission and the next, so you might as well.
The Flylord was level 15 but with less health (22 vs. Thorgar at 26) and only armor 2 (plus Magical armor 2).
- While he was walking toward us, we used the Axe of Doom on him and took off 1 health. (Why not?)
- Overall it was a pretty even duel but we edged out, probably because of better armor. Obviously, going in, you want to outfit Thorgar with the best gear and Health potions (just in case).
- If you took our advice in Mission 1, you'll have several skill points saved for contingency allocation here if you are having a hard time. Thorgar is an essential hero, so some flexibility at all stages is useful.
- If you are really stuck and absolutely can't get past this stage, use the god-mode (Army Creep) cheat to make Thorgar invulnerable.