Into the Depths (version 1.3)
Original German Version
Score: +3/-5 but worth the short trip to experience it if you can overlook the drawbacks.
Summary: Linear survival horror experience. Just keep walking straight ahead and experience what the mod author has planned. Utterly linear, no real choices to make.
++ It's actually a pretty good horror experience. Not super-scary, but good atmosphere and use of sudden events. Token fighting, which is not as good as no fighting for a horror mod, but not so overused as to make it feel like a dungeon crawl.
- Various areas have holes in the map, where there isn't an object to properly plug the hole. Not that big a deal IF you play the mod the way it is intended -- that is, just keep walking straight ahead. There is nothing special to find, no secret items to pick up.
- Disappointing ending that's just combat.
- Unclear how you actually "win". Might be timed survival at the ending but it is not clear. You just get teleported out and told that the experience is over.
- Horrible English translations. Seriously, could no one help the author with a German to English translation that has decent spelling at least?
- Stop interpreting everything for me. Example: Even before you have finished reading a diary / book / journal, a pop-up summarizes it and tells you what your character thinks of it. What is the point of actually having the book in-game? Just let us read it and form our own conclusions / have our own experience.
+ Useful reward choice. My recommendation is to just uninstall the mod after and console in the equivalent vanilla Skyrim item. That keeps your mod list lighter and your game world cleaner.