This is a workaround if you get Error Code LS-0019-IS-PQR2147943860 from the Epic Games Store when trying to launch Eternal Strands.
Workaround: Launch the game directly from Windows Explorer.
Navigate to the folder where Eternal Strands is installed and double-click EternalStrands.exe. Or for convenience, go there and make a shortcut to put on your Desktop or wherever you like.
Why not use Epic's suggested workaround?
Epic's troubleshooting page for this error suggests adding -SkipBuildPatchPrereq to the Epic Games Launcher. I didn't want to use this immediately because it changes the behaviour of the EGS launcher and could potentially affect other games launched through it.
Instead, I investigated the prerequisite installation. Both the demo and the full game contained UEPrereqSetup_x64.exe. Windows reported that the Unreal Engine prerequisites were already installed, and the demo launched normally.
I even uninstalled the UE4 prerequisite package and found that the demo still launched normally. However, the full game continued to produce the same LS-0019-IS-PQR2147943860 error when launched through EGS.
Then I tried launching the game executable directly from Windows Explorer.
It launched normally.
So in my case, the game itself was working. The problem appeared to be with the Epic Games Store's prerequisite check/launch process rather than with Eternal Strands or its installation.
If you are experiencing the same error, launching EternalStrands.exe directly may be a simpler workaround than changing the Epic Games Launcher configuration.
Comments
Post a Comment