Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Walkthroughs and Cheats
This post indexes all our posts on walkthroughs and cheats (exploits) for Lord of the Rings: War in the North. This is for the Single Player campaign, played on Normal. We primarily used either Eradan the Human Ranger or Farin the Dwarven Champion.
Unlike most walkthroughs, we will not be giving out any boring information. Most of the game is linear and straightforward. Quests are typically encountered and finished on normal playthrough without having to do anything special. We will only mention tactically difficult encounters and how to get past them, or any particularly tricky situations.
- Character Selection - When you choose one of the three characters, you are choosing more than just a play style and skill set: You are choosing how your allies will support you, and your responsibility to your allies.
- General Tips - General notes on gameplay that typically apply everywhere, including XP, money, and merchants.
- Crafting / Alchemy
- Campaign Locations:
- Bree and Fornost
- Sarn Ford and the Barrow-Downs
- Rivendell and the Ettenmoors
- Rivendell and Mount Gundabad
- Nordinbad and Mirkwood
- Urgost and Nordinbad Siege
- Carn Dûm
- Secrets: Don't bother. These just get you extra loot. And it's easy to get loot anyway. See our General Tips. Besides, you need to do a lot of replaying and character switching in Single Player to find most of the secrets.