Click here for the full index of Ancient Space mission walkthroughs as well as an overview of our playthrough paradigm.
Mission 6 - The Watchmen
- Long and boring mission that is a gentle introduction to the Scythe. Clear the map FIRST, then scan the structure, then just camp out and wait 15 minutes. One optional objective which you should do.
- Have a good look at the Scythe units.
- You definitely want to swap your Rovers for Trilobytes, which have strong offense.
- The Medusa is basically (Invader + Scout) with the bonus of being in a single large ship that is sturdier than the squadrons of small vessels. Just one is plenty because Trilobytes are decent against Small ship squadrons.
- While you are clearing the map, you may notice that even after you have destroyed all Scythe Stations, new enemies arrive every few minutes from parts unknown and attack the structure you are supposed to scan.
- This causes NO damage to the structure.
- These are the same tiny enemy sorties that appear after you have scanned the structure. The mission is basically much more hectic if you haven't cleared the map because you have to constantly keep an eye on the structure and it is vulnerable to suddenly being missile-bombarbed by Medusas.