Play The Witcher risk-free with money-back guarantee from Good Old Games.
Axii is used to mind-control a target at a safe distance so that your enemies can fight among themselves and thereby thin their own ranks.
- You do not get XP when an enemy kill something.
- At closer distances, there are many other more useful spells than controlling a single target as a distraction (and one that won't last long if there are many enemies about), and therefore spending Talents on Axii is redundant or and inferior choice.
- Where Axii can shine is in controlling a powerful enemy, but that situation is really too rare to count on.
- On top of these difficulties, in late Chapter 5 till the end of the game, numerous enemies are outright immune.
- The Axii power-up is an area-effect Fear, but you can do the same more conveniently with a bomb or with Agni and the appropriate subskill.