Because there is already an official Enhanced Edition walkthrough from CD Projekt RED and an extensive database at The Witcher Wiki, we will only be touching on aspects of the game that are not documented there in-depth, or that you may not have thought about doing.
Decision-consequence videos are at the end.
Play The Witcher risk-free with money-back guarantee from Good Old Games.
- To have sex with the Lady of the Lake, you need to investigate the grail legend then talk to her about embarking on a quest. Abort with "A jest." After sex, talk to her again about the Fisher King.
- Random Old Peasant in the village (fisherman only?) gives you a Grindstone once you have killed a few monsters.
- Random Old Peasant Woman near the Inn talks about Alps.
- Random Old Peasant Woman in the village proper can be repeatedly given Sugardolls in exchange for herb information.
- A random Peasant Woman needs information on Garkain. Not certain what the outcome will be if you do not already have the monster Glossary entry.
- A random Peasant Woman will have sex with Geralt if you can bring her a sugardoll. If you do not have one, you can trade with the Baker for one with a White Honey potion.
- A random Peasant Woman asks for Perfume.
- The official Enhanced Edition walkthrough is incorrect -- The notes cannot be found in Chapter 4, and although there is quest tracking, there is no quest marker for them.
- This is basically the last chance to choose Neutrality. You choose it in dialogue by refusing to be involved. During the fight, both factions will be hostile to you, but do not necessarily gang up on you unless you are the closest enemy to a particular character. You can stay to kill them all and not affect your Neutral stance.
- It does not appear possible to defeat the King of the Wild Hunt at this time. Once all the Wraiths have been defeated, the King returns to the circle and leaves.
- There is a bracket missing in the Enhanced Edition walkthrough -- the Wreath of Immortelles is not found inside the hut, but is instead one of the rewards. The Hermit doesn't tell you what it is for until later; or you may discover it for yourself during dialogue with the character you are supposed to give it to.
- If you are to meet Dandelion at the tree, you must not be on the hill at Dusk. Instead, Dandelion's appearance seems to be related to your approach. You can either follow Dandelion out of the tavern later in the evening, or be some distance from the tree at Dusk and then walk up the hill. if you are already on the hill and let time pass to Dusk or after, Dandelion will not appear.
- Fighting Dagon
- The hardest part is probably clicking on the correct target as Dagon is so big that the game engine often thinks you are clicking on it. It seems impossible to successfully use Group Steel on anyone even though at any one time there can be as many as three enemies (Dagon and two vodyanoi).
- Do not get cornered by Dagon: He is too tall for you to leap over.
- After you kill Dagon, the wandering groups of Dagon Worshippers will not have any Priests with them.
- Ureus starts behind a wall you need to shatter with Aard. Because he is close behind it, you can use Igni or power-up Yrden to safely kill him or weaken him first.