Light Mage Skills
- You get every skill at rank 0 as long as you fulfill the prerequisites.
- Any skill with no skill prerequisite deserves special attention because you can bank your points and get 5 ranks of it immediately when you reach the necessary level, instead of spending your points on low-level skills you may not want.
- Look for passive skills that require no mana, because one or two really good skills on a hero will monopolize use of the mana pool anyway.
- Restoration of Isha is a must-have and a very powerful healing skill.
Spell Focus (Level 0)
- Reduces the cooldown of all spells by 6% per rank.
- Decreases the target unit's movement speed by 30% (+4% per rank), and attack speed by 15% (+2% per rank) for 15 seconds.
- Increases the hero's armour by 1 per rank.
- Not sure if this actually works since it doesn't show up in stats.
- Increases the range of all spells by 4% per rank.
- Summonned Wisps attack the targeted unit for 20 seconds. Each Wisp causes 1 damage every second with 10% chance to hit. +1 Wisp per rank.
- Increases the hero's defence against ranged attacks by 5% per level.
- Gives 5% (+5% per rank) chance to deliver +1 damage with each attack.
These skills are only available during a duel. All other skills that need to be activated are disabled. Therefore, any points put here may be unavailable most of the time, and specializes your hero into an anti-hero build. Even so, it is hard to say whether you will get enough mileage out of a duelist hero because after a bout, he may have low health and no be able to handle a second bout. Damage is typically done by attrition unless you have invested a lot of points.
Blaze of Hoeth (Level 0)
- This magical attack has a 100% chance of causing 2 damage to the opponent. +15% per rank chance to cause 2 extra damage.
- Interrupts the casting of the opponent, and reduces his chance to hit by 100%. Lasts 4 seconds (+0.8 seconds per rank).
- The opponent can't land any hits for 4 seconds, but may still cast a spell (?).
- 8 second casting time.
- The tormented enemy suffers 5 damage (+1 per rank) and 250% morale loss (+50% per rank).
- Decreases the attacker's chance to hit by 5% per level.
- Summons a Wisp to protect the caster, for 10 seconds, giving him +10 (+2 per rank) armor and magic resistance and 15% (+3% per rank) chance of absorbing successful attacks.
- On top of an insane amount of protection, there is a flat percentage chance that damage is stopped anyway.
- In a duel, the hero's morale will not drop below 10% per rank.
- Decreases the cost of all spells by 2% per rank.
Passive Command skills work on the hero if they are not attached to a regiment.
Pathfinder (Level 0)
Pathfinder (Level 0)
- The hero and the attached regiment suffer 15% less penalty per rank when moving on hard terrain.
- Increases the movement speed of the hero and its attached regiment by +2% per rank.
- When the hero and attached regiment charge, enemy units have a 5% less chance per rank to defend the charge.
- The hero and the attached regiment become invisible for 10 seconds (+2 seconds per rank).
- Increases the hero's and the attached regiment's magic resistance by 0.5 per rank.
- Increases the hero's and the attached regiment's chance to hit with ranged attacks by 5% per rank.
- Heals and resurrects recently dead friendly High Elf and Empire units within a target area. Lasts 60 seconds or 10 (+2 per rank) heals/resurrects.
- Unlike many other resurrection skills, this does not require the caster to be attached to the target regiment, which can often be a problem because not all regiments accept attachments and mounted regiments cannot be attached to unmounted heroes.
- An area effect spell, so it probably doesn't work on battlements.
- Works on flying regiments -- Just fly over it by clicking in its radius as the movement end point.