Jade Wizard Skills
- You get every skill at rank 0 as long as you fulfill the prerequisites.
- Any skill with no skill prerequisite deserves special attention because you can bank your points and get 5 ranks of it immediately when you reach the necessary level, instead of spending your points on low-level skills you may not want.
- Look for passive skills that require no mana, because one or two really good skills on a hero will monopolize use of the mana pool anyway.
- For the Jade Wizard, I recommend maximizing Father of Thorns, then Spell Focus as that lets you cast Father of Thorns more frequently.
Armoured (Level 0)
- Increases the hero's armour by 0.4 per rank.
- Lightning jumps from the target to 4 additional targets with 50% chance (+8% per rank) of damaging them. Each jump reduces the chance to hit by 10%.
- The Herald of Storm spell affects 1 more target per rank.
- At 5/5, the chances to hit are 50% to 10% for the last 5 targets.
- Stops the enemy for 10 seconds (+1 second per rank).
- An incredibly good skill. Great for focussing ranged fire against one tough melee target, such as an enemy hero. The Skaven Assassin can do it for a mere 5.5 seconds. Even 10 seconds is an extremely long time, especially if you have a lot of archer regiments.
- Father of Thorns spell damages the affected units with 0.4% chance (+0.4% per rank) every second.
- At 15 seconds and rank 5/5 in Earthlord, this is 15 chances at 2.4%, or about a 70% chance that a model survives unharmed. Basically useless since you should be killing the paralyzed enemy with shooting regiments anyway.
- Increases the hero's magic resistance by 1 per level.
- Reduces the cooldown of all spells by 6% per rank.
These skills are only available during a duel. All other skills that need to be activated are disabled. Therefore, any points put here may be unavailable most of the time, and specializes your hero into an anti-hero build. Even so, it is hard to say whether you will get enough mileage out of a duelist hero because after a bout, he may have low health and no be able to handle a second bout. Damage is typically done by attrition unless you have invested a lot of points.
- Reduces the opponent's chance to hit by 40% (+10% per rank). Lasts 5 seconds (+0.5 seconds per rank).
- At 5/5, this is a 90% reduction, which is huge.
- Interrupts the opponent and freezes it for 3 seconds. 20% chance per rank to inflict 2 damage.
- 8 seconds casting time.
- Four successive lightning bolts slam into the opponent. Each bolt does 4 damage at 45% (+8% per rank) chance to it.
- At 5/5, this is about 52% chance to inflict the maximum of 16 damage.
- Decreases the attacker's chance to hit by 5% per rank.
- Not clear how this stacks with Winds of Orburus, but it could result in a nearly-zero chance to hit.
- Gives 10 armour to the hero and has a 10% chance to damage the opponent. Last 10 seconds (+2 seconds per rank).
- The hero receives 2% power per rank from the power costs of the spells used by the enemy hero.
- Decreases the cost of all spells by 2% per rank.
Passive Command skills work on the hero if they are not attached to a regiment.
Pathfinder (Level 0)
Pathfinder (Level 0)
- The hero and the attached regiment suffer 15% less penalty per level when moving on hard terrain.
- The hero and the attached regiment get +5% bonus to experience points from each kill.
- Accuracy of ranged attacks against friendly units in the target area is reduced by 25%. Lasts 20 seconds (+3 seconds per rank).
- An interesting skill because it affects an area rather than only the regiment attached to the hero. Great stacking potential and great for helping a unit that is drawing fire from the rest of the army.
- The hero and the attached regiment gain the Freezing Mist effect. Each attacker's attack speed is slowed by 5% per rank.
- Increases the hero's and the attached regiment's magic resistance by 0.5 per rank.
- The hero's and the attached regiment's maximum morale increases by 2% per level.
- Increases the target friendly unit's armour by 3 for 15 seconds (+3 seconds per rank).