Grey Seer Skills
- You get every skill at rank 0 as long as you fulfill the prerequisites.
- Any skill with no skill prerequisite deserves special attention because you can bank your points and get 5 ranks of it immediately when you reach the necessary level, instead of spending your points on low-level skills you may not want.
- Look for passive skills that require no mana, because one or two really good skills on a hero will monopolize use of the mana pool anyway.
- Favoured Minion, Spell Focus, and Tenacity are probably the three skills you should take first.
- Lightning Shield is nice if the Grey Seer will be in a regiment that takes point (and it should, since it can resurrect dead models), but unfortunately requires Spell Mastery, which has very limited use.
Crippling Tortures (Level 0)
- Slows the enemy by 40% for 15 seconds, +3 seconds per rank.
- Increases HP by 1 per level.
- Increases the hero's defence against ranged attacks by 10% per level. Will protect against artillery (cannon) fire.
- Conjures a magic plague for 15 seconds. If one unit is infected, the whole regiment is infected. The infection lasts 40 seconds and has 1% chance to hit for 1 HP damage every 2 seconds. +0.2% chance to hit per rank.
- At 5/5 ranks, this is 2% chance to inflict 1 HP damage. The probability of any one model surviving 40 seconds (20 damage checks) without taking any damage is about 67% (0.98^20).
- Since many models have only 1 HP, this theoretically should kill off about 20% to 40% of a regiment. Which isn't that great considering how chancy and how slowly it works, unless you can get several regiments to move through or otherwise be affected by the cloud.
- Reduces the cooldown of all spells by 6% seconds per level.
- Increases the range of all spells by 4% per level.
- The hero gains Lightning Shield. The shield has 5% chance to reflect 1 damage back to the attacker, +5% chance per rank.
These skills are only available during a duel. All other skills that need to be activated are disabled. Therefore, any points put here may be unavailable most of the time, and specializes your hero into an anti-hero build. Even so, it is hard to say whether you will get enough mileage out of a duelist hero because after a bout, he may have low health and no be able to handle a second bout. Damage is typically done by attrition unless you have invested a lot of points.
Pestilent Breath (Level 0)
Supernatural Resilience (Level 0)
(no prerequisites) > Master of the Winds (Level 5)(no prerequisites) > Fear Master (Level 15)
- Blasts the opponent with a Pestilent Breath causing 1 HP damage. The spell has 10% + 10% per rank chance to poison the target for 5 seconds, suffering 1 HP loss every second.
Pestilent Breath > Curse of the Horned Rat (Level 15)
- Curses the opponent to suffer 1 extra damage from each magical attack for 6 seconds + 1.5 seconds per rank.
- This is only really useful if you have already inflicted a damage-over-time magical effect or can follow up with magical attacks.
Pestilent Breath > Curse of the Horned Rat > Inner Decay
- 8 second cast.
- The hero channels a spell to the opponent opening up to 5 Wounds over 10 seconds with 50% chance. Each wound does 1 HP damage instantly and has 20% chance to hit for an additional 1 HP damage every second for 5 seconds. +10% chance to open a wound per level.
- Decreases the attacker's chance to hit by 10% per level.
Supernatural Resilience > Steelfur (Level 5)
- The hero becomes immune to all physical attacks for 5 seconds + 0.5 seconds per rank.
- Decreases the cost of all spells by 2% per level.
- Does not appear to work with Combat or Command skills.
- The hero's attacks causes 10% extra morale damage per level to the enemy.
Passive Command skills work on the hero if they are not attached to a regiment.Divine Inspiration (Level 0)
- The hero and the attached regiment get +5% per rank bonus to experience points from each kill.
- Calls in replacements for recently dead units to refill the attached regiment. Up to 5 HP + 1 HP per rank are resurrected. Each replaced unit restores 5 morale points, +1 per rank, to the regiment.
- There is a time limit before you cannot resurrect dead models from a regiment.
- Increases the movement speed of the hero and its attached regiment by +2% per level.
- The hero calls the attached regiment for a ritual that temporarily increases the move speed and attack speed of all owned units by 10%, +2% per rank. The regiment is unable to move or fight during the ritual. The ritual can only be initiated with at least 30 aiding units and lasts up to 60 seconds. The spell is interrupted if the regiment is attacked or receives a new command.
- Increases the armour of the hero and the attached regiment by 0.4 per level.
- At 5/5 this is +2 Armor and an incredibly good investment. A regiment with heavy armor can be boosted to Armor 5 or 6, which is hero-level and gives them amazing survivability in battle.
- Increases the hero's and the attached regiment's magic resistance by 0.5 per level.
- The hero's and the attached regiment's maximum morale increases by 2% per level.