We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 3: The Enemy Within
Mission 6: Shrine of Chaos
- An easy mission, although there will almost certainly be early losses due to WyrdSpawn being summonned in the midst of your regiments, especially if you have a hand-to-hand regiment.
- We recommend using new regiments of all the Archers and Shadow Warriors you can buy, plus anything else you like.
- It is tempting to bring the Light Mage, but you don't really need him yet. You can win with no hero casualties, and still bring most regiments up to full level 3 model counts. By getting him after this mission, you benefit from him starting at a higher level if Aurelion gains levels here.
- Especially if you are using green troops, try to pull the enemy one regiment at a time by hitting them with Aurelion's Wrath of Khaine to get their attention. Axe Throwers behind barricades probably won't move even if hit, so you can either use spells to kill them or inch your longer-ranged archers or Shadow Warriors up (we recommend Shadow Warriors because their low model count makes it harder to level them from level 1).
- The Altar of Vitality has only 150 HP.
- You need to share it with an ally, which brings the actual total down closer to 100. If you want to get the full 150 HP, before you capture it, kill off the Tiranoc allies with Wrath of Khaine and Phoenix Shot.
- Don't heal your heroes unless you have to: Save it for your regiments.
- The final Chaos Shrine periodically creates WyrdSpawn and we can use this to level up our regiments.
- Regiments gain XP only if they kill the target, but heroes can gain XP if they are merely close to the action. You can therefore use your heroes to soften up the WyrdSpawn with spells.
- At the final Obelisk of Purity, the Sorcerer and the Wyrdspawn closest to him may not move if you hit them from far away. Everything else advanced toward you.
- The next mission ends Chapter 3, so remember to buy any artifact from stores, as well as the Light Mage and the Captain. Top up all model counts and head into the final mission.