We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 3: The Enemy Within
Mission 4: Knives in the Night
- This is a fairly easy mission even though you have very few archers. Just make sure your heroes are always the first choice target for any enemy regiments coming. Melee units are not necessary and casualties are unlikely.
- There is no hidden treasure at the extremes of the map, so just defend at the camp fire.
- For deployment, arranging your Archers in a "V" formation at the camp fire lets them cover the south side as well as the west/east sides. Shadow Warriors have good range and can be placed in the middle along with the Repeater Bolt Thrower.
- Switching the archers to Fire Arrows seems to do better in terms of overall kills, possibly because the broken regiments eventually wander back (because of a still-high model count?).
- After this mission, a Light Mage is available. Although he has the Restoration of Isha healing/resurrection skill, he is unnecessary for Chapter 3, so wait until the last possible moment to buy him in order to maximize his level when you get him -- new heroes start at the same level as your main hero, but without any XP toward the next level.