We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 3: The Enemy Within
Mission 3: Caves of the Dead
- You must take Von Kessel and the Warrior Priest, and may take a third hero. If your Bright Wizard has a rank 5/5 Conflagration of Doom and 5/5 Spell Focus, you may want to take the Jade Wizard instead and develop him since there might not be anything particularly interesting left to get on the Bright Wizard.
- The skeletons respawn until you destroy the big tombs. The respawn time is quite long, so if you are trying to farm XP here, you might want to try doing it with the Vampire Lord. The level cap is 35.
- The Vampire Lord respawns in the same place whenever he dies, unless you have destroyed his sarcophagus. Each time you kill him, you get XP. However, this isn't necessarily sustainable indefinitely because:
- The vampire has a fear aura that drains morale.
- The vampire has a soul steal ability.
- The vampire will go for your lowest armour character, so Von Kessel has to solo.
- If Von Kessel is going solo and his hit chance is quite good, you could give him the Warrior Priest's hammer, which does +1 damage.
- Or, you could shift gear to the Warrior Priest so that he has the highest armour rating, then go in with the Strength of Sigmar spell.
- The Jade Wizard can stand off and help with spells as his Command skill tree has spells that are cast on regiments instead of affecting only the regiment he is attached to.
- The mission does not end until you pick up the Sword of Manfred, so there is plenty of time to make sure you have smashed all the small tombs for loot.