We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 3: The Enemy Within
Mission 2: Caravan of Carnage (optional)
- This mission requires rushing.
- If you do not keep AHEAD (not just keep up) with the caravan, you will not have time to choose how you engage the enemy, and may be attacked from the rear by units hidden in the fog of war at the edges of the map.
- From the very start run ahead and start clearing the map. This should give you the extra time you need to explore any side passages and root out all enemies there -- Enemies that are probably scripted to hit the caravan from the rear after it passes by.
- There is a small goblin camp. Remember to destroy the dwellings there for loot.
- Ideally you will have enough lead time that when you get to the pass with low ledges on either side, you can sweep each side of orc or goblin archers one side at a time without having to worry about the caravan getting shot at in the middle of the pass.
- Take the Bright Wizard and prioritize his use of area spells over the Captain's use of skills, since the Captain can survive melee for a long time. This helps you mass-kill and power through each encounter as quickly as possible.
- For regiments, take all shooters, preferably all handgunners as you can more predictably move them together as a group as opposed to skirmishers. You really don't want to waste time fixing your formations here. Change marching formation to column instead of the usual row to tighten the group into one mass of shooters and help them engage the enemy faster instead of wasting time deploying in a wide row.
- It should be possible to clear this map with no unit losses although mild losses from enemy spell use may be unavoidable and down to chance.
- After this mission, you will get to the first town. Remember to get the Warrior Priest a horse.