We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 3: The Path to Glory
Mission 1: Tunnelfight
- This is a very easy mission with only two tricky parts: The Grudge Thrower and the Dwarven Lord (level 30!). Other than these, just walk around with your Grey Seer's regiment in front to tank and resurrect.
- Since it's a pretty easy mission, your real objective is to have a small assault force that can win the mission, and all sorts of other regiments you need to bring up to level 3, and work on those.
- After this mission, you come to a Skaven camp and can pick up a Warlord hero. For the next Skaven mission, you can only have 3 heroes. Kasqit is mission-critical, the Grey Seer is too important not to bring, so it's down to whether you bring the Assassin or the Warlord. If you don't need the Warlord, wait until later to buy him (if at all) since heroes start at the level of your main hero.
- For the mission objective to find the exit, it is in the passage blocked by the Dwarven Lord, but only Kasqit can "find" it by walking far enough down the passage.
- Move all your regiments to the left of the entrance to the big chamber. Shooters should be against the wall, while your cannon should be further down so it has a wider arc of fire. Whatever your formation, just make sure no one is directly in the doorway so that the Grudge Thrower can't shoot them.
- Send the Grey Seer's regiment into the room. If an enemy patrol comes, pull back and destroy it first before going back in. We use the Grey Seer because Favoured Minion can resurrect any losses to the Grudge Thrower.
- Move your Grey Seer toward and slightly to the right of the statue in the middle of the room. Your objective is to use the statue as cover. If the Grudge Thrower's shots hit the statue, advance closer to the statue and wait. The Grudge Thrower will advance to your location. Melee it and destroy it.
- Once the Grudge Thrower is destroyed, just wander around the map destroying all the isolated units and collect the treasure strewn about.
- The Dwarven Lord is actually pretty easy to handle, except that it has the Rune of Flight power. This is still not very dangerous unless it kills off models in a regiment you cannot attach the Grey Seer to (such as Gutter Runners). In that case, you won't get through this mission with no losses.
- If you are having trouble with the Dwarven Lord, use your Assassin's "The Gnawing Death" power to reduce his armor. Also, Warplock Jezzails are an armor-piercing unit -- Their shots treat enemy armor at half value.