We won't be hand-holding you through absolutely everything, but instead just give tips on situations that we found tricky or that you might not have considered.
Chapter 2: The Wrath of the Rat-Kin
Mission 4: Festermarsh Reclaimed (Optional)
This very easy mission lets you fill out veteran regiment ranks and gain some experience for choice regiments. It was probably written to let you recover your army after a disastrous time at Hightower. In any case, before you enter, think about what you want your core army to be. Bring those regiments and get them levelled up and their model count filled out.
- We went with an all-ranged-combat army, all fully upgraded: Jezzails, Poisoned Wind Globadiers, and Gutter Runners.
- We could have filled out the level 3 StormVermin for free, but our strategies generally rely on having a lot of concentrated missile fire, and in any case you can't always field as many regiments as during a siege.
- We don't really like the Gutter Runners because you cannot attach heroes to them (because of their stealth and tunnelling, which the heroes cannot do), but their ability to automatically poison units they damage can be very strong. We just have to be careful about how we bring them in for support fire.
- Move your Grey Seer around to heal regiments and aggressively use greener regiments once the others reach level 3.
- If you can win the fights easily, withdraw a regiment as soon as it hits level 3 so that the others can get more experience points.
- If possible, get all regiments to level 3 before facing the orc warboss since he is annoying to handle with just a hero and one regiment.
- Once you pick up all artifacts (even if you drop them later), you automatically win the mission when you kill the orc boss -- not necessarily what you want to do if you haven't healed and resurrected all regiments.
- The necessary artifacts are the ones sitting near the green monoliths. Various enemy bosses drop gear, items, or gold as well.
Don't capture the green monoliths until you are ready to use it. If a patrol wanders too close and sights it, they will attack it.