Neverwinter Nights 2 - Original Campaign - Walkthrough Part 12 - Ruins of Arvahn and the Ritual of Purification
This is one of a series of walkthroughs/hints for Neverwinter Nights 2 (Original Campaign). Click here for a listing of all our guides for Neverwinter Nights 2.
Play Neverwinter Nights 2 risk-free with money-back guarantee from Good Old Games.
- The first time you travel to Arvahn, you will encounter Malarites.
- The second time you travel to Arvahn, you can encounter pixes. If you do what they ask, you can get a Ring of Invisibility.
- If you successfully Intimidate Uthanck you can Influence Sand.
- To make the Orcs hostile at any time (e.g., after completing their quest to kill Ghellu), speak with Ilrah Broken-Ribs and insult Gruumsh. You can do so after getting Ilrah's enchanted rib by asking him about his name and responding with "... well done."
- Ralidor the Restless reappears with more bugbears outside than if you attack him when you first encounter him. You must kill him to get the Master's Sword to open the vault safely on level 3, but it is not strictly necessary.
- If you leave RibSmasher alone you may get slightly more XP than if you kill him, but you won't get his Gloves of the Long Death +3. Release him last because he will also attack chests and thereby possibly destroy something inside. If he survives when you reach the warded door on level 3, you can use him to open the door but it will cost you an Evil alignment shift and losing Influence with Shandra and Casavir (but gaining with Bishop). He will also not drop his Gloves.
- If you agree to kill Ghellu's enemies for him and do so, you get 1500xp but you cannot then make him hostile and he causes all the goblins to die opening the door to the Statue for you.
- If you have all three Master's items (Sword, Sceptre, Shield), you can open the door on level 3 safely, but you lose the opportunity to Influence Zhjaeve by opening it yourself. In neither case do you get XP just for opening the door.
- To get the spirits into the tree room, selectively turn off/on Ghost Light sconces to open pathways for them to run and to block off ways they can backtrack.
- Thunderbelly's reference to a crystal dragon probably refers to the species of psionic gemstone dragon that has a breath weapon that is a blast of light.
- In the room with earth elementals, destroying the statues will cause any remaining earth elementals to vanish.
- At the statue room, you can Influence Casavir.
- Head across the bridge to Daeghun's home to trigger a dialogue with Shandra. Another dialogue (with Zhjaere) is triggered nearer the south exit to the swamp.
- The area looks the same as before but it is not. Near the middle of the map there are some ruined structures and a chest. That chest may now have something in it again. Also, there is now a narrow path from that chest going northeast toward the Illefarn ruins you need to visit.