Alternate Download Location (requires login).
This is a simple mod for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to help skip the minigame for unlocking locked doors and containers. It requires the Oblivion Script Extender.
- you have mastered the minigame and are too impatient to do it anymore
- you have the skeleton key but don't want to click until you succeed
- you don't have the skeleton key and you don't have patience for the minigame
- you have the skeleton key (or cheated for it) but don't want your Security skill to go up too fast while doing the retries (and thereby inflate your level too early)
- roleplayers who would like to bypass lockpicking and pick up boltcutters instead
Adds a script to Tongs to automatically unlock any lock that does not require a key (i.e., lock level < 100).
To use, find a pair of normal Tongs (Editor ID "Tongs01", Form ID "1C66F") and hotkey it. If you activate it via the hotkey while looking at a locked object, in a second or so the object will unlock. You will receive XP as if you had perfectly set the required number of tumblers (e.g., exactly 2 successful attempts on an Easy lock, which requires setting 2 tumblers).
You can still access the regular lockpicking minigame and it works unmodified.
Using the script does not count as a criminal action and you will not get a Bounty. Trespassing or stealing will still get you a Bounty.
You do not get a free set of Tongs in jail.