One of them most irritating things in Puzzle Quest Galactrix
is the JumpGate Hacking minigame. You have a ludicrously short amount of time in a very chancy match-3 game, and the game cascades gems very slowly, chewing up even more precious time.
To extend the amount of time you have, you can hack the game. Here's how:
- In the install directory (probably C:\Program Files\Aspyr\Puzzle Quest Galactrix), there is a ZIP file called Assets.zip.
- Make a copy of this file (in case you goof up trying to mod the game).
- Unzip this file.
- Go to \Assets\Scripts\JumpGates\ and you will find a bunch of LUA files that are just plain text files. These files contain Jump Gate information. Edit the time limit (and number of gems in the sequence, if you like) in the AllJumpGates.lua file as well as the individual J__.lua files.
- Re-zip Assets.zip now that it has the modified JumpGate data.
- Copy it back into the install directory.